Introduction to Serverless Databases and CockroachDB Serverless
This course introduces the core concepts behind serverless databases and gives you the tools you need to get started with CockroachDB Serverless
This course introduces the core concepts behind serverless databases and gives you the tools you need to get started with CockroachDB Serverless.
During the course, you will learn how serverless databases remove the burden of configuring, sizing, provisioning, securing, maintaining and dynamically scaling your database based on load. This means you simply pay for the serverless database resources you use. CockroachDB - a Distributed SQL cloud-native database designed for consistency, resiliency, located data and scale - is the core of CockroachDB Serverless.
You will explore CockroachDB Serverless extends core CockroachDB by embodying the key features of serverless databases. Then you’ll spin up a CockroachDB Serverless cluster, and use the SQL shell to solve a set of hands-on exercises.
By the end of this course, you'll learn:
- Why use serverless databases
- How CockroachDB serverless can help you in developing your applications
- How to spin up a CockroachDB Serverless cluster
- How to read and write data to a CockroachDB Serverless cluster
- ...and more!
- 1 hour
Get Free Swag
Once you complete the course and pass the final exam for the Introduction to Serverless Databases and CockroachDB Serverless course, we’ll mail you some exclusive Cockroach University swag. Please check your email for further instructions. Note: It may take a few hours for the email to arrive. * **
* Swag is only available for Cockroach University users in North America and the EU who have completed the Introduction to Serverless Databases and CockroachDB Serverless course at this time. We hope to expand in the future.
**Once you've completed the Introduction to Serverless Databases and CockroachDB Serverless course, you must complete of the following steps: 1) post your Certificate of Completion to your LinkedIn or Twitter accounts, 2) provide us with a screenshot of your social media post, and fill out your size and shipping information