Estimated Effort1+ hours/week
About This Course
In this course, you will be learning how to properly use CockroachDB inside of a simple microservice. You will start with a pre-built microservice and add the necessary components to communicate with the database using the node-postgres driver.
- Basic SQL
Detailed course outline
- Lecture: Introduction
- Development Environment
- Exercise: Set up a Serverless Cluster
- Exercise: Introducing MovR
- Exercise: Create your Database
- Connect to the database
- Lecture: Connection Pools
- Quiz: Connection Pools
- Exercise: Connect to the Database
- Reading and Writing Data
- Lecture: Implicit Transactions
- Quiz: Implicit Transactions
- Exercise: Reading and Writing Data
- Retrying Transactions
- Lecture: Transaction Retries
- Quiz: Transaction Retries
- Exercise: Retrying Transactions
Wade has been a Software Developer since 2005. He has worked on video games, backend microservices, ETL Pipelines, IoT systems and more.
He is an advocate for Test-Driven Development, Domain-Driven Design, Microservice Architectures, and Reactive Systems.